Sunday, February 14, 2010

I do not celebrate Valentine's Day.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I don't hate Valentine's Day, either. It's just one of those days that has never held any significant meaning to me. Perhaps this is because I never had a Valentine. But even things change and I have a Valentine in my future, I'm pretty sure this indifference will stay the same. You see, the fourteenth of February, for me, has already been marked as (1) my friend, Tara's, birthday and (2) the general time of year when the V-Day campaign to end violence against women is marked. And this year, there's the added occasion of the Lunar New Year falling on this day, according to the Chinese/Lunar calendar. So I'll be busy with that.

However, when it comes right down to it, I am a rather sentimental person who also doesn't mind the occasional friendly, trivial quiz. So to mark this Valentine's Day, I will answer the questions posted over at The Pioneer Woman's blog on love.

What was your first love’s name?
Have you ever had your heart broken?
What’s your favorite love song of all time?
Do you have a Valentine this year?
Do you believe love rules or love stinks?
Have you ever walked into a plate glass door in the dining hall on your first day of college?


Here are my answers:
First like = Will.
No.
"They Were You" by Barbara Cook for the musical, "The Fantasticks"
No.
Rules.
Not on the first day...


So, Happy Year of the Tiger!


And Happy Valentine's Day!



In other news:
My hair is curly!
I love ice choppers. Before tonight, I never realized just how essential they are to breaking up clods of snow that fell from the awning onto the garage, forming a tightly packed pile.

No comments: