Thursday, March 20, 2008

Halle Berry Gives Birth To A Baby Girl

By Heather Chin
(previously published at www.thecelebritycafe.com on March 16, 2008)

The actress gave birth on Sunday at Cedars Sinai Medical Center and both are doing well.

Halle Berry gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday morning at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, confirmed one of the actress’s reps to People magazine. The same rep. added that the 41-year-old star is “doing well.”

This is the first child for Berry, 41, and her boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry, 32. The two met in November 2005 and confirmed the news of her pregnancy to Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell in September of last year.

“Gabriel and I are beyond excited, and I’ve waited a long time for this moment in life,” Berry gushed in the interview with O’Dell. “Now the next seven months will be the longest of my life!”

Berry, an Academy Award winner for her 2001 role as a struggling mother in “Monster’s Ball,” has always been vocal about her desire for a family. In another, earlier, interview with O’Dell and Access Hollywood in April 2007, Berry openly discussed her plans too have children.

“Not that there’s not more to accomplish, but I think I’ve arrived at a point in life that I realized I needed more to get me up in the morning. More than going to a new movie set,” said Berry. “I need something even more profound than that and that’s family. And that’s children… I’m at a point where I’m really, really ready.”

Berry, who has been married twice, is not married to partner Aubry, but in an interview with Oprah Winfrey shortly after announcing her pregnancy, said that she feels more married than she ever had before and that the two are fully committed to each other, explaining that “he really understands the spiritual connection is so much more important than the paper and the pomp and circumstance and the ceremony.”

The baby girl’s name has not yet been given or released, but is sure to be hotly anticipated as it comes in the midst of a celebrity baby boom.

No comments: