Monday, August 18, 2008

Comment To: Don't Ask Don' Tell article

Added: Thursday July 24, 2008 at 09:09 AM EST

Unfortunately...
I think I am in agreement with John M. on this topic. I have never served in the military, and I think only those who did or currently do should have a say in it. From what I see in movies about our military, part of the training is to push aside all of the "me" identities, resulting in uniform soldiers, with uniform behavior. Letting someone openly be gay, imposing their personal tastes on others in the military is unfair. Then some should be allowed to play loud rap music and wear big gold chains, some should be allowed to wear KKK t-shirts, and some should be allowed to sleep with teddy bears and dolls. See the point? The military expects a certain type of behavior. If you can't do it, you are unfit to serve in the military.

Carl C, East Orange, NJ

No comments: